From Banking to Fashion



On the left, is Kath McLean  -- Founder of www.misspeachy.com; standing on right is Kath's daughter Cat The Source for all photos in this entry is from :www.misspeachy.com


Dear Fellow Blogger:

Greetings! My name is Gabe, and I hope that you will find this blog entertaining and informative. While I hope to cover topics ranging from the historical to the political, I also hope to delve into the world of fashion as a part of my writing repertoire.
I started to collect vintage fashion photography from the 1950s and 1960s. For my collection, I always s tried to find out as much information as I could: Who was the model? Who was the photographer? What was the name of the magazine? I am now paying closer attention to finding out about fashion designers and their respective clothing line being advertised in the photographs. I found, for example, Charlotte Sinclair’s Vogue on Christian Dior, which I look forward to read over the summer months. I hope to make a comment or two about this interesting book on a later blog. Stay tuned, dear Fellow Blogger.


Kath McLean, a wonderful friend and fellow tweeter, has encouraged my pursuits by recommending books for me to read. In gratitude for her friendship and kindness, I inaugurate this blog with a piece on  Kath’s online fashion business, “Miss Peachy” (www.misspeachy.com). When I encountered  her website for the first time, I was most impressed by her collection. Her assortment of lovely attire  is not at all overwhelming. It is elegant, simple and, most of all, exquisite. “That’s my aim,” Kath told me when we first met back in 2016. “Simplicity, style, classic good taste, but at an easily affordable price so everyone can look fabulous every day.” Kath’s virtual boutique includes a diversity of boleros and dresses. (My favorite example from  Kath’s bolero line is her “Zesty Lime.” It is such a cool name.) It also includes an beautiful variation  of accessories from purses to scarves.  
Above: "Zesty Lime." From www.misspeachy.com: "This premium quality fine knit open front bolero is the perfect sophisticated little cover up for the warmer days with 3/4 length sleeves and double button detail"


Kath, who has a degree in finance, commenced her career in banking. She was in real estate, as well as in the antique world. However, Kath found her true raison d’etre in the fashion industry. “Fashion,” Kath wrote to me “has always been in, my blood!” Kath talked about how during her childhood years she enjoyed playing “‘dress up’, trying on my mother’s clothing at every chance available, much to her dismay.” As she immersed herself in the fashion business, Kath found inspiration from designers like Coco Chanel. Kath notes that Chanel “was simplistic in her styling, her fabrics were superb and the cut was edgy. She was a ‘no frills’ girl and I identify with her as I believe most women look far better in well cut clothing which defines the figure and enhances their curves." 

Above: "Blue Jacquard Stripe Bodycon Dress" From www.misspeachy.com: "This classy Blue Jacquard Stripe dress is perfect for the party with its simple classic style to flatter your figure. Add simple jewelry, a clutch bag and heels and wait for the compliments"
Kath’s clientele is mostly women past the age of 40. These are women who “feel a little lost after their children have flown from the nest.” Those who experience “Empty Nest Syndrome” lament “that their identity is somewhat blurred at this stage in their lives.” I can understand why there are those who might feel that way. They are probably wondering what is next for them? All sorts of questions come to mind. Commence a business? Return to university? Engage more actively in social causes? While Kath cannot answer those types of personal questions, she can assist in her customers opening a new chapter by ascertaining the optimum wardrobe After years of putting someone else first,” Kath comments “suddenly they have a little spare cash but don’t have the confidence to know what suits them anymore. We are here to help.” I guess that is why I find the business name “Miss Peachy” so relevant to what she hopes to aspire in older women. Kath refers to the name as a “reflection,” an image “of how women could feel with a little more style and color in their lives.
Above: "Grey Tweedy Pencil Dress" From www.misspeahcy.com: "Achieve smart office style in this dark grey tweedy style belted pencil dress. Featuring a square neckline, capped sleeves and a slim black patent look belt at the waist, this smart dress is incredibly flattering"


I hope, dear Fellow Blogger, that you will take a moment to look at Kath’s website.  I also include a few photographs from her website so to give you an idea of the type of attire she has for sale. Enjoy!




Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing my passion for affordable fashion Gabe
    All welcome to visit us
    http://www.misspeachy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fashion is very important. It is life-enhancing and, like everything that gives pleasure, it is worth doing well " Vivienne Westwood

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stephanie's Treasure Trove

Hobart's Exquisite Voice

Magic and Mystery in Sydney